Friday, June 26, 2009

The Historic Farm House!



Friday
June 26, 2009

Mom's Painting:
The Panus Farm House Circa 1826, she used a photo resource & plein aire weather permitting. This was a Historic Building in the town of Preston, CT. She had painted this, (approximately); during the year of 1972.
And in the end, it's not the years in your life
that count. It's the life in your years.
Abraham Lincoln
This was the old building on my Aunt’s farm. My parents shipped us there every summer when I was little, (Free Labor! He he) Milking the cows at 5:30 am wasn’t my idea of fun! At that age (7-15); I absolutely hated it! During those times; us children worked! I look back now with fond memories, and a life time of lessons were learned there.
As you can see, my mother’s skills are hard for me to catch up to, how I miss her.
Keep creating! Enjoy each day! Caroline

1 comment:

  1. Your mother certainly captured some wonderful memories.

    Just keep enjoying life and your art Caroline, everyone is different. I still miss my mother too even after all these years. Mothers are just so special in our lives.

    ReplyDelete